Monday, December 23, 2019

Quentin Tarantino - Pulp Fiction (Faber & Faber, 1994) ***


Watching and re-watching the movie is still a great experience. Now I have my copy of the screenplay. And reading all these almost iconic dialogues at ease is a real treat.

Here is just one, after the issue in the pawn shop.



We're cool, man.

But there's also the funny dialogues between Fabienne and Butch about the attractiveness of "having a pot", or the Esmeralda Villalobos' inquiry about "How does it feel to kill a man?" to Jules' famous quote from the bible (allegedly Ezekiel 25:17), which Tarrantino actually made up.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
Inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men 
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will 
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness 
for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children 
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
Anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers 
And you will know
My name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee"


It's as much fun to read the script as it is to watch the movie.


No comments: